The eye examination is more than just a sight test. It is a vital health check and should be included in everyone’s normal health regime.
Here are 10 IMPORTANT REASONS to have a regular examination:
- You only have one pair of eyes. Once lost, your eyesight may never be replaced.
- Unlike your teeth, your eyes do not usually hurt when there is something wrong.
- The eye examination can pick up early signs of potentially blinding eye conditions, such as glaucoma.
- The earlier a problem is detected the greater the chance of successful treatment. This is particularly true for young children and the elderly.
- The eye examination can also detect a number of other underlying health problems, such as high blood pressure or diabetes.
- An examination checks whether your eyesight needs correcting with spectacles and determines the best form of correction for your vision.
- Good vision means a better quality of life.
- For young people, good eyesight is vital for learning. An eye examination will detect any problems in sight that could affect school performance.
- Failing eyesight is often taken for granted as people get older. Having a regular eye examination can improve their quality of life significantly.
- Poor eyesight is dangerous. Make sure that you meet the legal requirement for driving.